Sunday, February 24, 2008

the corporate world

This week I've attended 2 seminars. The first one was in Yana Chemodities, about HACCP and Good Laboratory Practice. It was fun, and there was a lot of food. I was the only one among Jasser, Derwin, Ceilo, Hannah and Von (and me) who brought a jacket so they borrowed mine because it was freezing in the seminar room (although there were activities where Hannah gave and received a massage from random LaSalle HRM chinese dude, yikee). We learned a lot and got to know Yana's products, which range from culture media to sterilizers.

The next seminar I attended was the Polka Dots' seminar on Occupational Safety. It was a required seminar since we have to attend all seminars of our 190 class. The food was really great because of the strawberry sundae. It was also fun, aside from some things that we should not openly discuss.

After the Yana seminar (actually, we left the seminar early), we went to the Children's Hospital (or something) for the Socio Month Outreach thing. Okay.

Friday was interview day for me in Kraft. My interview lasted only 15 minutes, but it went well. Anyway, to Von, no freebies.

Talentine, in the pm, was really special, except that I did not get to eat much because they served meat. I was the host of the program, beside Edward who came as a girl. LOLZ. We rocked, by the way, in our batch(es) presentation. We won third place!

I slept at Yia and stayed at one position, which caused my back to hurt all Saturday. I attended the AM class of 126 and planned to go home early. But Doodz made me go to the SME Anniv night. So I just went back to Yia to make the SPOA bookmarks for the PRIME ChE reps. I almost finished it but Val and MJ didn't have their generic white background photos, or any photo for that matter. Addison, Kenneth and Dianne had theirs. (Para masabi ko sila lahat.) After that I went back to Engg to get my things.

So, I went to the Anniv night, which turned out to be the Apps Talent Night also. Met a few apps, signed some sigsheets. Received an award for being a CS last sem. Had loads of fun especially with Lalaine who danced energetically. I thought that Doc Chu would perform, but it wasn't meant to be. Also, had my first use of the microphone with a light like those used in the Senate hearings. XD Went home with Doodz and Shie and Tere. Came home to find Lola. She stayed at our house for the weekend.

But really, anything strawberry is .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home