Monday, January 21, 2008

deception 101

But first...some random crappy stuff.

Your Harry Potter Alter Ego Is...?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Ron Weasley

You often feel like second best and as a result don't have an awful lot of self confidence, but a truer more capable friend would be hard to find.

Ron Weasley

75%

Albus Dumbledore

70%

Sirius Black

70%

Ginny Weasley

65%

Draco Malfoy

65%

Lord Voldemort

65%

Severus Snape

60%

Harry Potter

60%

Remus Lupin

60%

Hermione Granger

55%

This is actually a very light issue. Maybe. So, Dale and Janine tasked me and Mon to do the consulations with Ma'am R last Friday. I thought that the consultation would be a piece of cake since our group sans Mon had a meeting last Tuesday on what to do for the next two weeks for our lab work. I was ready to report that, and Mon was to report our progress (that we mashed 200 termites and mixed their juice with the autoclaved cellulose, peptone and meat extract medium). Well, we didn't deceive Ma'am, except from the "Oh yeah!" look while she was discussing the URC tasks (we won't join since we expect a failure probabilty of about 0.55 on our experiment). We went to the consulation (Maam was an hour late) and brought home the bacon.

When we first met Dale after the consultation, I gestured two thumbs up to indicate that we were successful (we were at a company talk so I didn't want to be noisy). Dale asked us what happened, and Mon told Dale that we were scolded. I looked at him and got that split-second message. I told Dale how Maam told us that we should always be working, eventhough she wasn't around. I think Dale did not believe us, because that's Dale and he's got half a brain not to.

But the deception spread to Jasser and Torts (since I liked the idea that Maam lashed out on us). I told Jasser the same story, plus with 'naiyak pa nga si Mon' (well, Mon told Dale I cried). And with the line Maam "said", "Nawala lang kayo, hindi na kayo gumagawa! Eh kung i-singko ko kaya kayo!", Jasser was blown away. He was so affected, he told Torts. But when he turned around, I told Torts that it was only a joke. I told Jasser after thirty minutes that it was all a joke. Of course, Maam would never do that. Yet.

But we forgot to tell Dale that it was only a joke. But I think he figured that out. Mon told Janine this story but, um, didn't believe it because of the "umiyak pa nga si Jerome" part. The "umiyak pa nga si Mon" was more convincing. Because...yeah. I'm really sorry for the trouble that we made because of this. But you have to admit it was fun too. Unless Ma'am calls me and makes me write "I will not tell lies" while I am immersed in ethanol, or bacteria-inoculated medium, in a CSTR (or worse, PFR! Horrors!). [For those who can't understand what a CSTR or PRF means, click this.]

Let us not tell lies. Or play advertisements that tell lies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home