Monday, January 07, 2008

public service

Okay, I was really going to begin lamenting the slow speed of our current mayor in signing the extension of my scholarship (I mean, I need the bucks, man.). But webcomics never fail to cheer me up and make me forget the injustices of today's society. Or something.


Anyway, after 12 days of waiting, I still haven't completed my scholarship papers due to the ineffciency of the local government. At least, in that office. Why did I have to suffer on the very last time I do this? Of course, the whole event ended with me promising to myself that if ever I become one of those people who sign things, I'd sign the papers immediately, because I know someone is waiting for them. *suddenly remembers ChE registration days*

I'm way behind my public service quota these days. Mina keeps on asking where the messages (of Chancy Cao and Prexy Roman) are. I don't reply to her because (1) I still don't have them since [1] I haven't sent letters to them and [2] evil committee member failed to do it so I'm doing it; and (2) I do not have cellphone load to reply to her texts. I have also failed to submit my work for the career handbook which sucks because I really wanted to do this right but failed due to erm, procrastination and acads and other stuff that's not really important. Anyway, I think I seem like a hypocrite now because I rant about the bad public service in our city hall but then, I do bad public service myself. But let me tell you, these (the situations where I fail to deliver) are just lapses of my perky, service-oriented self. I'm proud to say that I have been a good public servant (not as say, a policeman, but you get the point). So that only justifies my right to rant. Yay! Ranting rocks!

And speaking of service, what the heck! The (TV) network war has gone from doing pathetic clones of the other network's shows to lawsuits regarding truths and publicity. And with the constant airing of each network's "dignified" speeches on bringing out the truth and filing lawsuits and caring about the televiewers. From a televiewer's point of view, well, I don't effing care about what you are battling for. Just give us the best programming you have and the right to choose. Go to court all you want, just don't tell us. We don't care about the ratings because in fact, we make them. You care about the ratings, so keep the raging war to yourselves. Please. Or we might shift to ETC, 2nd Avenue and C/S completely, now that they're on free TV. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home