Sunday, December 02, 2007

must have

I must have posted this last Nov 30, but due to a sudden glitch, I haven't. Here goes.

Clearly, I had lost interest of claiming my graduation picture prints (and frame and CD of raw UNEDITED, relatively ugly shots). I only had 7 booth hours out of the required 9. I had somehow lost the thrill of getting my pictures, showing them to my friends and randomly giving dedications with the pictures. Getting graduation pics are not sweeter the second time around.

But then...

LOLOLOLZ.

We had a very short 190 group meeting (the waiting took longer than the meeting itself). We had named our group Catalysis. It sounds weird but maybe it won't be once we rock the plant visits and seminar and newsletter. I had the group meet at the 2nd floor lobby of Yia Hall, which is isolated and dark and weird, but it almost worked. Ceres asked me why I chose the place as our meeting venue. I said that it was convenient for me. She grumbled. I'm not blaming her for grumbling, but I only tried this evil group leader thing once. I wanted to see if I can actually pull off a dictator move. I can, but the guilt is unbearable. Anyway, that's Ceres and no one can be her dictator (in a good way, although you are an Uke right?).

I was really scared of what would have happened if things got worse in Makati yesterday. I feared I have to take an alternate route (e.g. C5) because of the situation. Gladly, Papa is nearby and I can go home with him. Also, the tension has dissolved around 6PM and the Ayala area is peaceful by the time we got there. However, the shops were all closed (we were supposed to buy eggs and bread) and people were scarce at the Ayala station (like 1% of the usual crowd). I do not know the issue behind this incident by I just have two things to say. First: what the heck! Why do you have to scare the people all the time. Sometimes people just want to go to work everyday and earn something to feed their family. I know this is totally capitalist of me, and shallow, but really, people just want to survive a day. They don't really care much about idealism this days. I don't know, maybe because a lot of politicians fling their kapricho around everyday and call it idealism. People are tired. Just let them work now.
Second: what the heck! Did the tank need to get INSIDE the hotel lobby? I was actually laughing at this when I watched this on the news last night. It was like the soldiers just want some Iraq-like action. Or maybe it was SOP. I dunno. It was just really funny.

Maybe if Miriam Santiago went to Peninsula, we'd all have so much fun. Or Bong Revilla. Then the military would catch him with Edu Manzano watching pirated DVDs. Boo to the arrest of media people. They just want to do their job. (But then if things get worse, they might be hostaged and bring about more problems.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home