Tuesday, December 25, 2007

christmas

Although the mornings of christmas, christmas eve and the day before that was filled with the air of my Mom's menopausal speeches and anger, the whole event turned out fine. I recieved an equal amount of "beauty" products as with clothes (shirts mostly). Several relatives decided not to give gifts to the 'old ones' anymore, unfortunately, including me, who is still a student (the only one 18+ not working yet). Fortunately, Lola decided to give me a large amount of money, which I used for buying gifts and going online everyday (to do workstuff and um, blog). There was, of course, a lot of drama on who gets what and when, and why did the other one step on the other one's toy. Crazy blinking lights toys are also very much present under the sheets of gift wrapper for the kids. They went uber-crazy on those, swinging their blinking-light-swords in the darkness which is the street in front of the house. There were a lot of cars also for the kiddies, which means a lot of zooming going on. I think we got four of those Ferrari cars from Shell. My cousins (who gave them) were having a big laugh on that, being a bit cheap and all. But then, the kids are happy.

And so, I hope I did not get any fatter this Christmas. Because I know that I did not overeat like I used to. Mainly due to me hating the spaghetti, which I made, two days in a row.

We went to Bocaue last Sunday. Ate a lot of lechon (and saved Mama from eating a piece of lechon skin, yay!), so maybe that makes me 1% fatter. There were a lot of never-before-seen relatives of my Lolo's (+). Lola Ched and children gave us lots of chocolates (+2% fatter), and the family a big loaf of bread (NO, I only ate a bit of that.). We did not buy firecrackers, as usual and I tag our family, "the people from Bocaue who don't use firecrackers".

I did not really plan on buying gifts but ended up buying for immediate family using the early Christmas present (cash) of Lola. So, then, back to zero in the finance department. Much love from the receipients, including Kuya, who received an "Office" plastic sign. (He vowed to put it in his cubicle at the Institute of Chemistry.) Excluding ingrate little brother who wanted more gifts, specifically from the parents ("Nasan na yung gift ko?"), and insisted on dragging parents to nearest shopping mall because Mama promised to buy him his gift with the all new gift certificates she acquired. (She needs to show proof that she indeed has purchasing power and deferred buying gift because she wanted little bro to choose said gift.)

Received a lot of text messages about Christmas and all its joy. Thank you all. I cannot respond to you all not because I have no coverage here, or similar. I just don't have the resources to carry out such an act of 1-peso generosity. Believe me, I have 450-peso class requirements come January.

So, went to mass, two days in a row. Sunday in church near ATC and Monday in nearby village church. Parish priest, as it turns out, vowed to keep sermons at a maximum of five minutes, but seems to have not obliged. Yay! I'm going to church again. Prayers of relatives are heard after all.

It is a happy Christmas. I hope I continue to spread the love in the coming days. Except.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home