Thursday, October 18, 2007

the sem that was

I am days behind everyone else, like the CRS-related post season. Just about everyone has posted their "my sem is over" posts. But I am delayed for a good reason. My sem actually ended just yesterday when we finished our Visual Basic project for 124 (clap clap to Hannah and Von). And I was not very ecstatic about the end of this sem. I am still worried about my grades. See, my goal for my GWA is now higher than my goal for the rest of my college life, which was a 2.00. Actually, I did not plan on setting goal GWAs when I thought about college, because I just wanted to get a degree and enjoy doing it. But then, due to my need to actually get into college, in the financial aspect, I needed a scholarship. How lucky I was to get one with a relatively high GWA requirement. I was supposed to get 2.00 every sem. And it was really hard for me because I'm a lazy student. I will rely only on my memory for an exam if it can make me pass (but it doesn't do the trick). Anyways, some interview last summer (for my intership) woke me up. The interviwer asked me why I didn't set high goals (i.e. aiming for the Laude status). I did not know how to reply to that. So, now I set my 1.75 goal. So that I can be Cum Laude. Mainly, due to the awakening, parents, relatives, board exam review discounts, resume content. I guess, just about everything. But I can conclude now that I don't set serious goals if I see there's no possible way of achieving it. I'm not too lazy, I'm just a bit afraid to take risks. That's why I did not take the 172 finals. Nyquist plot? You're kidding me.

I am feeling a bit sad because this sem is the last before my last sem, ever. It occured to me that I really loved school all the time, from Nursery up to now. Why? Because school's fun. It's boring in class, but aside from the requirements and classes, it's very fun. I like being a student because you have less cares because your elders think that you have too much on your plate with the 4-10 subjects that you have. And I like learning. And I still don't want to grow up and belong to the adult community where all they talk about is...Politics (haha, private joke among Zsappy's party visitors).

I have mixed feelings about this sem. I did not really enjoy much of my subjects this sem. I was angry all the time. The instructors are so evil this sem, at least in my point of view. (To everyone, esp. the instructors, please don't take offense. Hey, students antagonize professors all the time, but they still love them.) I'm just glad this sem is over. I am a bit excited about graduating, actually, and getting out of school. But the working isn't very attractive as of now.

Well, I am mostly happy, because at least I can rest and watch DVDs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home