Wednesday, October 03, 2007

banking

Today was my first banking experience. Uh, not really because I was cashing checks since first year college (for my scholarship), and the ATM withdrawals for Mama/Lola (in fairness, they receive the whole amount). But today, I applied for my first bank account. I was supposed to do this years before but 1) I am scared because back then, I wasn't at least 18 yet, and 2) I'm lazy as a log. But now, the urgency of my JG Summit paycheck encashment (actually, no hurries, but it may be taken away e.g. loss of funds, other similar cases) has pushed me to make a bank account and deposit my money. Mama told me to open at PS Bank because it was near, and not a lot of people go there, unlike Landbank, which handles the City of Muntinlupa accounts, therefore long lines. She told me that I would go by myself today because she has a few meetings (it's wednesday, of course there's work!) and couldn't accompany me. But I made a way. Of course, I acted like a big baby for making Mama come with me to the bank for my first account. What mother won't be proud of her child's firsts? Luckily, a situation came up where in bringing Mama along proved to be useful. See, she told me that I should bring only 500 php to open the account. Turns out that 2000 php is required to do that. [And 2000 is the maintaining amount (oh no!).] I had 1500 php and I had to ask Mama for another 500. Di ba? Buti na lang. So, the filling of forms took very long, and I had to repeat some because of a decision I made early in college. That was when I signed my IDs (UP ID and passport). I sign my name differently now, and I was required by the bank person to sign my name like I used to sign on the IDs. It was difficult for me, but I did it. Heck, there was only a tail of a Z's difference between the then and now signs. The bank session ended as the bank person taught me how to deposit money. And now I have a bank account. Hello adult world.

Another inch of my feet in the adult world is our 141 lectures. I didn't think there was going to be hardcore accounting/fianance/money work in my chemical engineering career. Turns out, it's one of the main jobs of people who graduate from this course. Very adult and boring.

What's not boring was the ENTER-U. I was the quizmaster for this, and I looooooved it. (Despite the aching throat because by the end of the contest, I spoke for 5 hours straight. Interview+Enter-U.) Congrats to the winners: Jecho, Rhonda and Brylee. And to the runner-ups, who, however, did not win any money: Shey, Dale and Maynard. Congrats also to Hannah, Von, Duane, Jasser and Torts. :D Fun.
----
On the bitter side of things. Please. Let's just end this. Okay. Or Barney may have to perform a colonoscopy on you using his (big) dinosaur hand. You have been warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home