Wednesday, September 19, 2007

my hosting career

Naisip ko na talagang career ko na yung hosting kasi I had 2 hosting jobs for Tuesday (yesterday). The first one was the 4-in-1 seminar on EgyE and EnE, at the Engg Theater. I came in and the program started. Wala nga akong alam sa pangyayari. Mils supplied stuff like the complete title, objectives, etc. But like a real professional host (which I am not), I just adlib-ed a lot. Tapos ang dami pala nung naka-assign sa akin na babasahin.

The next hosting gig was SME's EEE seminar/talk. I did this because the head of this event is Shie, which is a good friend. I had to miss Pictionary (KEM Cup) for this, but the spaghetti was worth it. I also learned a lot from Sir Malquisto about Automation. Very 172, but much more fun. Anyway, EmJen co-hosted again (like in the Orientation), but she did not suggest that we do practiced jokes. It was okay, and I think I did better in this one.

Hosting jobs, June-Sept 19, 2007:
-SME Orientation
-Brainstorm 2007 (KEM)
-InterU 2007 (KEM)
-ChE seminar (SME)
-EnE/EgyE (ESC)
-EEE seminar (SME)

Other hosting gigs:
-Inter-U 2006
-Inter-U 2005
-a few GenMeets 2006-2007
-SME Induction 2007
-KEM Induction 2007 (with swollen jaw)
-SME Apps Night 2005

Hmmm, career option. Check. And, you are free to contact me for my dead serious (as a mood) hosting skills.
------
We won! We won! I mean, the TIP-Manila Trivial Quiz Show. Not really. We got second place. Second only to UST. But by only 6 points, or one difficult question. We = Me, Aids and Patrick (and Pat who scored 2+ points for answering when no other team can [I'd say stealing but it won't sound right]). We got some cash, a liga trophy and stapled medals. Obviously, that's not much but I enjoyed the experience. :D (This was held Monday.)

And I passed the 125 first exam! Woot! And not only that, I got 89! :D *grabs Levenspiel for dreaded 3rd exam, or not*

And, WAM-Fin! WIN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home