Saturday, June 21, 2008

Stuff

The review class was specially painful today, since our instructor spent a great amount of time convincing two people to perform a line of a song. It's all good fun but not at 15 degrees Celcius and at hour 8 of General Inorganic Chemistry session. The topics were not very hard, but imagine being hit by pillows for 8 hours. It should hurt around the fifth hour.

Enough review shiz. It was unfortunate that my Fibrella umbrella is broken. For the first time in 20 years, I owned an umbrella that promises to be somewhat sturdy. But it is now broken. Ngayon pa. While typhoon Frank is raining down on Metro Manila. Specifically in Manila, where the dirt (spit/pee/other excreta) dissolves with the rain water and thus, making those yucky things more accessible to people. Like we wanted that. But then, after the rain, comes the clean streets. Right. Thank God Manila has CCP complex. Clean, fragrant, and without people. Really. It's like grass, haunted theater, Folk Arts, PICC, Coconut Palace, plants, flowers, sculptures. That's it. No people.Of course, there was, but compared to ordinary Lawton/Quiapo/Morayta density, the CCP value is negligible.

The Food Expo turned out to be great. Mostly because of the presence of friends and free food. We did not mind the other activities that were happening while we were there. Saw a couple of famous people such as Bobby Andrews (selling siomai ata) and who was that girl selling ice cream? They also had China Cojuangco baked goods, but no China when we were there (or maybe I missed her since I was late). I was most eager to see Jeffrey Hidalgo (he had a dishwashing paste booth) since he is a Chemical Engineer and an artist at the same time. I only know one ChE who is in showbiz. That is him. And I am clearly fascinated by that fact. The best of the Food Expo: the broccoli juice. It has broccoli, but no broccoli taste.

There are quite a number of things concerning my employment which made me busy this week. I had to go to Makati Med for the first time for a medical thing (obviously). I was literally lost in the Makati jungle since the FX driver told me to go straight ahead on Valerio Street. Turns out, MMC is on dela Rosa. I just asked random security personnel. But aside from the physical/medical stuff, there is a lot of thinking being done. Pessimistic, optimistic and things that really do not belong to either category. Over-all, it's just really tiring, even though work hasn't officially started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home