Thursday, May 22, 2008

'final'-ly

(WARNING: AI Results Spoiler at the end of this post)

May 21, Performance Show
Hmm. I was really disappointed of tonight's finale because of these reasons:
1. It was very simple. There was no 'finale feel'. Aside from the change to a much larger venue, there was very little to be excited about. But we'll see tomorrow. I hope the Top 12 has a performance, if only to hear Brooke and Carly.
2. The lackluster performances. Weirdly, I did not enjoy both finalists' performances. Of course I favored Cook's performances, amidst Simon's blatant bias on Archuleta. Simon also said that they have the best finale ever. Talent-wise, maybe. But show-wise, no. Ruben's performance was better than most of the performances tonight. Or more Idol material for that. Hey, he's already a winner.
3. Simon. Biased git.
4. David Cook. Why, oh why, did you let Archuleta take the night? But I see that you won't explicitly sell yourself just to win the contest.
5. David Archuleta. Ang showbiz mo.





Well, I don't have much excitement anymore. But I will still wake up early tomorrow for the results show.

And did Randy take drugs before the show? Perhaps a pot of strong coffee. The Dog's barking mad tonight.

May 22, Results Show
I love the Davids' song numbers. Parang li'l bro-big bro tandem lang sila. One Republic + David Archuleta = Magic! Yay! Carly + MJ! Weird, but very nice. As I am writing this part, Jordin is singing and I am still hoping Cook got that 56%. Come on, 50+ million votes! The results show made up for the blah-blah performance show. Hah, walang special performance si Kristy. Siya lang kaya sa top 8 ang wala.

YAY! YAY! YAY! Let me here ye Cook fans! COOK! COOK! COOK! Yay! Cook beat Team Archuleta*. YAY! I was betting on Ryan saying that David Archuleta is the new American Idol. But, DAVID COOK is the new American Idol. Yay!

*I always thought that Archuleta did not compete alone, but with a team of arrangers, stylists, vocal coaches, etc. Sabi nga ni Lucky, vocal coach yung tatay niya. Ayan, buti nga sa tatay niya. Masyadong stage dad kasi. But still, Archuleta, on his own, is great.

Can't wait for David Cook's album. And Carly's and Brooke's too. Kailangan lagi silang kasama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home