Sunday, November 18, 2007

leadership

But first...
This is a picture of me as a kid. I'm cute, aren't I?
(Shameless! Shameless!)


For more kiddie pics, please view 'childhood pics' album. Which can be accessed by clicking this.




And so, I have been elected the group leader of our 190 group. That's very ok with me because 190 is an easy class, and I would love to be of service to my groupmates. However, this also means additional leader work (aside from those mentioned earlier).

Classes have started, and no heavy work was due anytime soon. Oh, right, 142 and 136. Yeah. Ma'am decided we should work hard this sem.

I have noticed the two leadership methods that I use. The first one is the democratic style. It is the one I use at school, where I have team members older than me (or younger by a year or two). I ask for a lot of suggestions and comments and I always consult them if there is a major decision. The other style is the strict, autocratic style that I use at home. No questions asked. I get angry boundlessly. I order my younger sibs to do something (chores, go to sleep, etc.) and they bow to me. But then, I consider their feelings. But I guess, not ask.

Perhaps, there is a need-to-know-you-better thing with those people at school, so I need to know their positions on the things that we need to decide on. At home, I know my sibs and I know how they'll react to my decrees and orders. I know I wield a lot of power at home, being second oldest (practically the oldest commanding child, kuya isn't around so much) and all, but I do not abuse that power. Except when I want to watch TV. Then I make them clean their room or sleep in the afternoons.

I have learned a lot from the PIChE LTS but so far, I think I have used little. But I now listen. I just need more teeth for my school groups. I wish I could channel the guts I have at home ( I am ruthless!) to my other groups. That way I can be more effective. Perhaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home