Wednesday, November 14, 2007

injustice

This is not exactly a very big thing compared to the rich-poor social injustice we have today. Compared to that, this is really not a big deal. So, I was sitting in the 3-person seat in the bus yesterday, on the way home from school. There was this fat woman and rude man who sat with me on this seat. Actually, nauna ako sa upuang 'yon. I just have to have the space nearest the aisle because Doodz and her mom was seating on the other side of the aisle, on the two-person seat. Of course, I have to be seating close to them as I am with them. So, when these two people came to sit on the seat I already occupied, I move to let them pass. I was very polite in doing this. I did not roll my eyes, or smirk. The fat lady got there first. We were okay. Two butt cheeks and legs were still upon the seat. Then tragedy struck when the rude man came. He stopped in front of the seat, looked at me as though he wanted me to move and made a face. I did not mind that so much and moved to 'I-let-you-pass' position. He passed with ease and sat down.

HE DISPLACED ME almost completely. I was left with 1.5 butt cheeks and half a leg upon the seat. I was 75% less uncomfortable. And HE DID NOT SEEM TO MIND. More polite people would say something, or would make you feel s/he's sorry for doing that. Of course, I had no control of the situation since I am on the outermost end of the seat and I cannot squeeze them inside.

During the trip, I had to grab the opposite seat so I won't fall when the bus suddenly turns. I was uncomfortable, and I wished that there won't be any heavy traffic so we can get to Alabang fast. And, I did not complain because that's me. I'm passive. Mr. Rude Man will get what he deserves. We all do.

----
I have been unjustly elected as Group Leader of my 142/136 group. I wasn't passive this time, but what could I do really? [Ei, groupmates, 'tis okay. I just want a whine out of this.]
----
And why does it take TWO LONG WEEKS to process a TCG (true copy of grades) at the College of Engineering while it takes only minutes in the College of Science (they say)? Like it takes a whole hour to validate/check/assess form 5s in the ChE department.
----
I am on temporary, unofficial ban (by parents) from alcoholic beverages because of rumored allergy. My chest tightens. Poor me. Will have to eat chocolate instead. Haha. Also told by Papa to jog/walk to improve cardio-vascular health. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home