Wednesday, July 04, 2007

work person

Luckily, I have not yet aligned myself with our carriage-pulling friends which do a lot of work. I still have a bit of self-respect, but it's slowly thinning as the work that I have to do increases. Of course, this is not new to me but I have not experienced this kind of stress for about four months, so forgive a redundantly-themed (wha--?) post.

I think that the teenager-emotion/mood tumble is catching up on my last teen year. But as Dale said, "Let's not go there!".

----
So, went to an actual wedding of a relative yesterday. The church ceremony was okay, well-rehearsed and not very touching (the couple, the husband, my uncle, has been married [civil] a long time before they had this church wedding). The reception (Shang!) was very fabulous for a simple person like me. Anyway, I got to join the bachelor/bachelorette game which is truly horrifying. So, we had to catch the garter-like thing for us to be 'eliminated' from 'winning'. The ladies had to catch roses. Of course, I did not want to 'win'. But I'm not very good at competitive games so I nearly 'won'. The final three guys were me, a second cousin of age 18, and uncle of age 41. Clearly, the most moral and just thing to happen is that we two boys 'lose' and our adult uncle 'win'. So, he gave way (actually, he gave me the garter-thing for me to 'lose'). He 'won' the game and got to slide the garter up some lady's leg. He also got to the 9 different kisses game. Unluckily, the lady who 'won' already had a boyfriend. So, imagine if I won, I could be sliding a garter up some 25+ year-old lady and giving her 9 different kisses. That's really adult stuff. I like being a kid and not doing those kind of stuff. Now I understand why Kuya Totep and Auntie Yolly used dirty tactics just to escape the watchful eye of the emcee, and avoid joining the embarrasing game. Whew. I gulped a bit of wine as I went back from the game. That didn't help.

Probably, a few years from now, I would be age-appropriate for that kind of stuff, but still, I can't see the point of humiliating single guests at a wedding. We should be toasting to the couple every 5 minutes, or instead, eating yummy pastries. That would be nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home