Monday, March 26, 2007

a new end

So, classes are over, and although everyone is still on their toes and fussing over schoolwork, I am finding myself with nothing to do, except to wait for my grades and my tooth extraction scheduled on Wednesday.

I am taking antibiotics for 6 days now because of the huge infection on my chin due to the tooth that had a cavity. It stated swelling last Monday, but I only went to the dentist (alone) on Wednesday. The dentist prescribed the antibiotic because I can't have the extraction with the infection (as Dale put it, there could be pus squirting out from the place where my tooth was if I had the extraction prior to treating my infection). I can't eat food that needed to be chewed until Saturday, so I think I got an ulcer because my stomach and/or esophagus hurt a bit with every swallow yesterday. But I'm just paranoid.

The good news, so far, is that I got a 1.00 (that's a 4.00 for ye Ateneo/US/etc. people) in IE3. I know that IE3 will not affect my bid for Cum Laude (I took IE3 for extra knowledge) but I am extremely happy for my third 1.00 in college. I am hoping for more high grades for this sem. Yay!

We had our induction of officers last Thursday, where in I had to give up my lordship over PRC. It was a nice program because I was the emcee (despite the large lump on my chin...ugh! the photo-ops I had to refuse!). It was nice, and completely tear-free for me, if you do not count the time when I nearly cried because I can eat only the cake without pain. The pasta was very, very painful, but I had to eat something.

I hope I really get the Petron summer OJT because I wanted some industry experience before I graduate. You know, to find out how a big a dufus I am for studying all the theoretical/impractical stuff. Or maybe, those book problems are really real-life problems. I have to find out... Honestly, I am not for the salary whatsoever because for one, I think that at this point I do not deserve the salary I an going to receive because I do not have a degree. Also, I am having the summer internship first and foremost for the learning experience, the cash inflows will just serve as incentive.

I watched a bit of Oprah yesterday, and she was interviewing Anderson Cooper, of CNN. I really do not know this guy because I do not watch CNN for more than 30 seconds. I only know him a bit because Saturday Night Live spoofed his CNN show. So, Oprah was discussing basically his life, because she read his autobiography. Anderson is a news anchor who started doing films in areas where American journalists do not go. He went to Myanmar, Rwanda and Sarajevo as a young journalist. So, one thing he said in his book, that Oprah reiterated in the show is that hope is not a plan. "Hope is not a plan." That really struck me because I am a person that hopes so much. I rely my daily actions on hopes. But hope is not a plan. I hoped that I can become the best leader that I can be, but I did not have a plan. Actually, I have plans, small ones, but no grand plans. I just hoped. On the other hand, I hoped to become an honor student (just now), and I planned to take my studying a level higher. But planning is not what's important, as I have learned (by my own, thank you). Therefore, hope is not enough, a plan is not enough. But these are two important things because they are stepping stones to motivating one's self. "Hope is not a plan," but I must first hope, then plan, then move.

Been kind of lonely (of a happy-sad kind) like when a parent lets his college-aged son/daughter free. I will certainly miss all the bossing around, joking about abusing my people-given powers and fussing about noise and cleanliness in the tambayan. And probably making so much stuff with Photoshop. And all the joy it brought to my heart. I loved being the PRC boss. I loved being with PRC and I am seeking forgiveness for the time I thought of leaving. As I've said, once you go PRC, you'll never look back. So, guys, let's kick ass this year, eh?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home