Thursday, March 08, 2007

sinusoid

Just when you thought you've reached the top, you slide down.

I'm blaming it to the freakin' sine curves that rule a large number of things in our lives. Yup, biorhythms. Of course, it would be foolish to cling to a mathematical model for your life, but then again, insurance [I have a math major friend and they insurance is their highest form of employment, aside from being a mighty Archimedes or Pythagoras or similar.].

According to the theory of biorhythms, our lives depend on some 3 sine curves that go up and down in regular periods of time. The 3 curves represent our physical, emotional and intellectual states. Although there is not much evidence (that I heard) for this theory, its popularity and coincidence with real life makes it "valid".

Funny how I reacted to this subject. Before I started to write this post, I had a different emotion and a different idea in mind. Then, I thought of the possibilities of using my biorhythms to score better in my exams. On Mar. 13 will be our 123 exam. According to my biorhythm, I will have high intellectual capability on that day (yipee!). Let's just hope this thing is really accurate.

So going back to that emotion. Or not. Story time!

So there's this worm who wanted to get some fresh air. He lived about a mile underneath the surface so he started to dig up. Unluckily for him, it was not the most friendly parcel of land to live in. The soil is dry and hard. When he finally hits the surface, a huge bulldozer dumps some soil on him. Let's say the soil builds up another 0.1 mile on top of this worm. He should give up now, but this worm is really persevering. He digs through that pile of soil again. Then the same thing happened. Dump after dump covered him and he was soon under a mile of soil again. But he continued to dig up. He just thought of the fresh air he wanted to breathe. After another long day of digging he finally, finally got to the surface. Only to receive another mile-thick dump. He was tired and fed up so he just stayed and soon after he died and was, after a little while, part of the soil.

No more soil for me. I'm tired. Please get off me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home