Monday, March 05, 2007

first weekend of March

listening to: my brain. (it's working!)

Really enjoyed the weekend. Watched Dreamgirls, Fantastic 4 and The 40 Year Old Virgin plus Till I Met You (because lola watched it) and Little Mermaid 2 (because claire and dot watched it). Dreamgirls was great and Jennifer Hudson really deserved her first acting award in her first movie. It was also refreshing to watch a musical movie that has really great songs and the actors do not fail to perform them well--and with a serious, "grown up" theme. Of course, Steve Carell was superb in his portrayal of an old man wanting to get laid. Although there was a part in the movie where there is butt exposure by Paul Rudd (the man who marries Phoebe in Friends), the rest of the movie was all clean fun, in a sex-themed kind of way. What is a Steve Carell movie without a great script? Remember Anchorman (with Will Ferrel and Christina Applegate)? That was hilarious too. And who would not know his sitcom, The Office, for which he won a Golden Globe last year, and was again nominated this year? As for the others, they were really...regular films, although the quality of Till I Met You (technical) was really good, for a Filipino film.

Been somewhat sedated by the events that followed the event that um, yeah. Went to Pulilan last Saturday for Andrew's (my nephew) birthday party. Although it was a swimming party, I focused more on the party side. And for me, party means only one thing--food. I am not really planning to get fat. But. I think you could guess how much I ate.

So, got an 80 and 85 in 197 this week for the two exams. Not really bad, I guess. My expectations are higher but its all that I can do for now. Have loads on my mind right now, with the elections and stuff. Of course, they shouldn't have to interfere with my academics but I'm putting more effort on the subjects that I really need to have good grades at. For instance, I have to do 3 135 papers now, because if I keep postponing doing them, then who knows if I stay sane come the 16th. I also need to study for my upcoming 123 exam, which promises to be difficult, yet gentle as to not kill the students so they can live a long life pondering on their mistakes. But I am neither mad nor expressing a very strong emotion. It just sucks the fun out of life.

Been avoiding to get into situations where I might suddenly blurt out something that's for the history books. I actually have spent some time converting four-letter cuss words to highly colorful phrases which would intensify the emotion embedded in the word. But it's all wordplay, in my mind. Nothing's ever coming out, unless it's absolutely necessary and/or I'm going to be paid for it (eg. it will be part of a film's script).

Been wanting to catch up with Heroes. Just finished ep. 11. Lou has ep. 12 to 16, but has uploaded only ep. 15 and 16 on his multiply account. I do not want to watch either of them until I watch the preceding episodes. Have been catching up on Grey's Anatomy every weekend. I'm still on Season 2, but am hearing Season 3 and beyond news. (although I have watched Season 3 up to ep. 8) Meredith's going to die, and later on the series would have a spin off and Meredith would be replaced by Addison as the lead character. Would it be called Montgomery's Anatomy? Because Grey's Anatomy would be so wrong if they're going to remove Meredith Grey from the series. Also, just recently, the actor who plays Izzie would also leave the series. Ugh. The series, which has been very successful, is now falling apart. Why won't somebody like Dr. Burke die, or leave or, um, I mean he's a better, more intelligent choice (as who should be removed) than Meredith or Izzie. Anyway, I just have to wait patiently.

Now I'm going back to my real, academic life. Another week of no TV (except maybe for American Idol), and Mr. Foust and Geankoplis (because I have to read his book to understand things for my paper), and maybe Mr. Van Ness, but we'll see.
---
Happy Birthday Shie, and Andrew.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home