Sunday, July 31, 2005

smoke

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

They ask me how I knew
My true love was true
I of course replied
"Something here inside
Cannot be denied"
They said "Someday you'll find
All who love are blind"
When your heart's on fire
You must realise
Smoke gets in your eyes
So I chaffed them and I gaily laughed
To think they could doubt my love
Yet today my love has flown away
I am without my love
Now laughing friends deride
Tears I cannot hide
So I smile and say
"When a lovely flame dies
Smoke gets in your eyes"

for those of you who don't know (probably all of you don't), we live VERY near Sarah's (yeah!) and every night i pass by it and see many people smoking. last friday, as we reached Alabang, we had a little stop and i saw teens under the viaduct smoking (and inhaling rugby) happily, while some id-laced girl were 'interviewing' them. on our trip home, several buses belched us with black smoke. earlier, on the news, they reported that although the clean air act (RA 8749) had imposed emission testing in vehicles, only 5% (o 10%) REGISTERED vehicles passed these tests.

so, is smoke replacing air?

we had a great (understatement) EnE exam last thursday. it was easy, in fact the easiest so far this term. i hope i'll get an acad cup-worthy score. :D

i'd like to congratulate buddies krista and marvin for surviving (?) the talent show. go buddies! tuloy tuloy lang tayo!

now, to more serious (actually comedic) affairs. last monday there were no classes and half the commonwealth avenue was closed (ooh...we crossed commonwealth not by the overpass... it's so baaad...) because of the SONA. we arrived at 'pool house' just in time for the president's speech and actually, i watched it, and listened (though not entirely seriously because i might get more mature, way mature... get what i mean?). she said some pretty good things though like charter change (to make the world a better place and not steal from the people through the government... yes, you, i'm pointing all my fingers to you, whoever corrupt politician you are!) and other stuff which i will not mention not because they are horrendous, i just forgot them. and, oh, mr. drilon, a little clap won't hurt. (see, im pro government...) [no!!!! im not into any side at all] (hey! you're supposed to have sides now, you're nearly legal...) [legal does not mean taking sides right?] (argh!)

talking to myself.

visited some blogs. pat's had a new look, and ate shally gave in and changed template (lou won't budge).

great weekend, spent more time with family (i mean the kids). john {my little [big actually for his age (4)] bro]} decides to spend the night here at lola's house. :D and stayed at home for 3 hours to make sure it doesn't end up in ruins while my parents are away.

please no more carbon monoxide for me. CO must be left only in ChE. CO is not meant for the air, it's much better solving for it than inhaling it, right? or maybe not. [20's (out of 100) on your first quizzes in ChE 32...BWAHAHAHAHA!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home